Thursday 26 March 2009

Funny Muh Hugguz #2 Bill Burr

Bill Burr

Chappelle Show - Samuel Jackson Beer sketch


Shouts to Geordie Suze for hookin me up with this in 2004 when she had just been on holiday to the states (Philly?). Bill Burr's "Emotionally Unavailable" is a recording of his signature stand-up routine, live on stage in Philladelphia The first time saw Bill Burr was on the Chappelle Show. He is funny on there but I hadnt really paid him that much attention because he didnt really have a chance to shine on there.
I must admit I had his cd sittin about in my studio for a good minute (ie. 2 or 3 years) ... my studio is like a cd scrapyard , there are hundreds of cd's with random bits of audio and this and that so it was a needle in a heystack of discs that needed to be listened thru... and that day came in 2007. Soon as i heard it i couldnt believe i'd had this gem sittin under my nose for a few years already! So i been snoopin around lookin for more stuff by bill , there are some bits but generally they consist of the same material. I'm listening to it right now and one of my many favorite bits has come on ... the "let go of my neck!" bit ... which u'll hear when u download whole the album I have posted below.

Here's the first track on the Emotionally Unavailable cd
"Local Reference/Crowd-Ass Kiss Pt. One"


Download the entire album "Emotionally Unavailable" HERE

As I
mentioned before , i had briefly had a look for other material by mr burr and only came up with a few bits. This is one of the bits i found, i haven't even watched it yet so don't blame me if it's shite, it's an interview for what i assume is a university/college tv station.... or a student project. Anyway here you go


Interview on a university student station in Texas



...
and here, Bill handles a heckling crowd like a gee. Sorry about the quality but its still funny


Just found this one too


Props to Bill Burr

No comments: